Dear Believers in North America,
The Crescent Moon Committee of the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America announces that based on reports of sighting the new crescent moon in many different localities at sunset Monday December 6th, 2010, therefore Tuesday December 7th, 2010 will be the first day of Muharram 1432 for most of the United States and the southern parts of Canada.
We ask the Almighty Allah to make us successful in establishing the rituals to remember Imam Hussain peace be upon him, through better understanding the purpose of his movement.
The Crescent Committee
- Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi, Toronto, Canada.
- Sheikh Fadhil al-Sahlani, New York.
- Sheikh Mohammed Ali al-Halabi
- Sayyid Hassan al-Qazwini, Detroit.
- Sheikh Sulaiman Abidi, Richmond Hill, Canada.
- Sayyid Nabi Raza Abedi, San Francisco.
- Sheikh Ali Kathum, Houston.
- 1st: The day God answered the prayers of Zakaria and gave him Yahia.
- 2nd: Imam Hussain and his caravan arrived to the land of Karbala.
- 7th: Water supplies were not allowed to reach Imam Hussain’s camp.
- 10th: The martyrdom of Imam Hussain and seventy plus of his companions in the land of Karbala.
- 13th: The burial of the body of Imam Hussain and his companions
- 25th: The departure of Imam al-Sajad
The “Crescent Moon Committee” was established at the 10th Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America in Detroit, October 2010.